20th March 2020
On Wednesday the government announced the closure of schools and nurseries for most children to help reduce the spread of Coronavirus. Therefore we will be closing from Friday 20th March.
Last night the government issued the following advice:
‘Parents whose work is critical to the COVID-19 response include those who work in health and social care and in other key sectors outlined below. Many parents working in these sectors may be able to ensure their child is kept at home. And every child who can be safely cared for at home should be.
Please, therefore, follow these key principles:
- If it is at all possible for children to be at home, then they should be.
- If a child needs specialist support, is vulnerable or has a parent who is a critical worker, then educational provision will be available for them.
- Parents should not rely for childcare upon those who are advised to be in the stringent social distancing category such as grandparents, friends, or family members with underlying conditions.
- Parents should also do everything they can to ensure children are not mixing socially in a way which can continue to spread the virus. They should observe the same social distancing principles as adults’.
In line with this children of key workers will be able to continue accessing nursery spaces. Key workers include:
- NHS clinical staff and some support staff
- Emergency service workers
- Supermarket staff or delivery drivers
- Social workers
A full list is available here:
If you think this applies to you, and cannot make arrangements for your child to stay at home, please contact the nursery urgently today to discuss this.
Unfortunately we do not know when the nursery will be able to reopen; we will be closely following all government guidance and updating you as soon as possible. During the closure period we will be keeping in contact with parents by email and the nursery website.
From next week we will be sending out some ideas for home learning, and would welcome any suggestions for resources you may like.
If you have any questions regarding this please contact the nursery today. From Monday onwards we may not be able to respond to phone calls so all queries should be addressed to email@example.com
These are worrying times for everyone, and we would like to reassure you that we are committed to reopening as soon as possible, and look forward to seeing everyone back when we can.
With best wishes to yourselves and the family,